Roasted Cauliflower

Wednesday, April 9, 2014




My kids love cauliflower but my husband…not so much. To be honest, it wasn't very high on my list of favorites either. But then I roasted it.

Ingredients
1 head of cauliflower, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
1 - 2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp sea salt
3 - 4 cloves of garlic, smashed
Pepper to taste


Directions
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss to coat.
Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Pour cauliflower onto baking sheet.
Roast in the oven for 40 minutes or until browned and tender, turning every 10 - 15 minutes.
One large head serves 3 - 4 people.

This is a quick and easy side dish that you can throw together. Not to mention, it's pretty healthy as well. So many people like to use it as a substitute for mashed potatoes. I've seen recipes that compare roasted cauliflower to french fries but I wouldn't go that far. ;)

For the record, my husband ate every piece I gave him…and even admitted that it was pretty good. I'd say that's a check in the win column.

2 Comments:

spiffykerms said...

Uh. Definitely going to try this tomorrow night. I usually put it in a bowl with water, saran wrap it and zap it in the micro for 1-2mins. So bland lol.

Erin said...

Hope you liked it, Spiff!

Post a Comment