I am not ready for Sochi

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

But more importantly, Sochi is not ready for, well…..anyone.
















The tweets are endless. [Comprehensive list here]

I go between feeling horrified and laughing hysterically. I cannot imagine sending my child to Sochi so they can compete in the games. On one hand, they've worked so incredibly hard to make it to the Olympics. On the other hand, you have to worry about Black Widows and hope your child doesn't wear red, white and blue outside of the designated areas.

Also, did you know that there is not one gay person in Sochi? And gay athletes are actually biting their tongue because they're afraid of retaliation? WHY? The Olympics provide so much publicity and money. WHY! I am not great with history but I'm pretty sure that Russia has always been at least a little…..cringe worthy? Ugh.

Look, I'm not saying that every location chosen by the IOC has to be perfect. Every venue has had their problems. I'm just thinking that maybe, they could give more consideration to the Miss Congeniality of the group.

That being said, I will definitely be tuning in to the opening ceremonies on Friday. I'm all about the iceskating!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment